It’s been way too long since a Scampin’ adventure! So this past weekend, we took the Scamp back out for some camping fun. This time, we opted for an actual campground instead of an RV park. We wanted that woodsy, campfire feel—and, we scored with Taylor Ferry in Wagoner, OK.
Taylor Ferry Campground
Type of Spots
Icon guide at bottom of post
- Picnic table and food prep station at each spot
- Fire pit and grill at each spot
- Beautiful lake/tree/camp vibe
- Clean bathrooms/showers
- Close to town
- Quiet and friendly
- On Fort Gibson Lake, near boat rentals and other fun attractions
- Fishing dock and boating entrance
- Can reserve online (seasonally)
- The water connection at our spot was so far away we couldn’t connect to running water
We went without the kids—shout out to my parents for watching those monsters—allowing us to relax by playing games at the picnic table, taking walks around the park, and exploring the nearby town. We enjoyed eating at Russ Restaurant (I highly recommend the chicken fried steak!) and Pizza Port (buffet, for the win!). And, we even got to enjoy a bottle of wine around the campfire.
We had a great time, and the weather was a PERFECT window into what the fall season has in store.
If you find yourself just east of Tulsa, we highly recommend spending the night at Taylor Ferry!
On to our next adventure!
Electric / Water / Pet-Friendly
Showers / Fishing