Do you have an air fryer? I recently purchased one on a whim, hoping to use it for foods we wouldn’t otherwise try. And if I’m being honest, also as an easy way to cook chicken without having to look at it (I can’t stand that!).
It’s been a while since we’ve posted here, so I wanted to take a moment to share a new treat we recently tried:
Air fryer donuts
These were so easy and delicious. And, my kids wanted seconds (and thirds) … even the kid who doesn’t like bread!
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious treat, I encourage you to give them a try!
Air Fyer Donuts
- 1 can flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup granulated or powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinammon
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- cooking spray
- Lay out each biscuit, and create a hole in the middle. If you don’t have a biscuit cutter, you can use a bottle cap, shot glass, or similar round object.
- Spray your air fryer tray with cooking spray (olive oil spray is best for air fryers) to prevent sticking and place the biscuits in – 3 or 4 at a time.
- Cook for 5 – 6 minutes. About halfway through, open the fryer and flip the donuts.
- Meanwhile, prepare melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon in separate bowls.
- Retrieve the donuts and, while they’re still warm, brush both sides with melted butter and coat with sugar and/or cinnamon.
- Repeat until all donuts are made!